Access Denied Custom CTI App

Can anybody tell me why I am getting this message in my custom CTI app

At first I thought I made some mistake in my code, but then I reverted all my code to the same code which is right now published in marketplace. When I install my app from marketplace it works perfectly whereas when I install the same app with same code base but as a custom app, it shows Access Denied. This has started happening since yesterday only, earlier it was working fine.
Thanks in advance!

I have already checked the API Key, it’s valid and I have put it in correctly.

1 Like

Hi @Himanshu_Sehgal,

To proceed further, we would need some logs from the frontend to verify and route this to the right team. Can you share with us the HAR logs? This will help use understand if requests are failing from App platform or Freshdesk is blocking these requests.

1 Like

Hi ,
Here is the google drive link of my app’s HAR logs -

@Himanshu_Sehgal, does the app work as expected in your local development?

1 Like

Yes, when I am testing my app using fdk run , it works perfectly.

1 Like

Thanks for creating this topic, @Himanshu_Sehgal. This is observed to be a issue from our platform at the moment. I shall keep you posted for the updates and when it is fixed. Either way, feel free to reply this thread to ask for an update.

2 Likes

Thank you! waiting for the fix :slight_smile:

@Himanshu_Sehgal,

The team had let me know that fix went live yesterday. But to have the fix applied to your app, you may have to upload it as a custom app again. Please check and let me know if that works. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,
Yes it works now, after re-uploading the app as a custom app. Thanks for your support !

1 Like

@Saif , I think there is still some trouble going on. I pushed some updates in my custom app, and even after waiting more than half an hour, I did not get the “Update” button on my installed app. So then I uninstalled the app and tried to re-install it, and it now shows this :-

If I understood the right way, the app worked as expected when you added a newer version for first time (let’s say v2, v1 is the broken version). But as soon as you made another change respecting app development and uploaded it (v3) it didn’t show an update button. Instead, on uninstallation + reinstallation of the app as a seperate app (not as another version) had thrown above error.

Is my understanding of your situation accurate?

1 Like

Yes your understanding is correct, according to your example, v3’s reinstallation is throwing error. Here is the error log from console -

The first upload I did in the morning today after reading your issue fix update worked absolutely fine, but the subsequent custom app updates (next versions with minor code changes for testing purposes) are throwing errors.

Hi @Himanshu_Sehgal,

Freshdesk maintains an internal cache which might be refreshed by now. Assumption is that with the cache, the problem that you seeing might be resolved. Do you see this problem still persisting?

1 Like

Hi @Saif,
Yeah it resolved on its own I think. It’s working now. Thanks for all your support!

1 Like