API for downloading the print preview of the ticket

Hello,

Is there an API that allows the download of the print preview of the ticket (in html or pdf file format)? How it works when you click on the “print” button from the “Ticket details” section:

I would need to create a summary page for all tickets that are in “Closed” status. Now, I create the html file manually via API reading all the conversations for each ticket.

Thank you,

Andrea

1 Like

Hi @andrea.veglia,

Thank you for taking time and posting on this forum. Welcome!

I guess for Freshdesk, doesn’t seem to have any REST API, that allows the download of the print preview of the ticket. I can have Freshdesk team to have requested for such an API.

By any chance, do you know if this feature is part of Freshdesk product?

1 Like

Hi @Saif,
thanks for the welcome.

I think the functionality is part of Freshdesk because in the ticket detail there is a special “print” button.

Thanks for the response, @andrea.veglia.

I will work with Freshdesk team to identify if we such an endpoint is exposed to the developers and get back to you with an update of what they share. Incase, if they don’t have, at most I could help with converting this topic to a feedback category so that team can prioritize is and make it available for the developers.

Hi @Saif,

All right, thank you.

Anyway, I just need a REST API that returns a summary text of the conversations of a ticket formatted in HTML as the print preview. It would be great already!

Thanks anyway for the support.

Andrea

Hi @andrea.veglia,

I checked with the freshdesk team, looks like there are no plans (near future) to work on a API that gives this collective information as PDF or potentially HTML code of it. Looks like expectation is to consume rest of available remaining APIs to build up page programmatically.