App déployed , unique api key used?

Hello,

I deployed a custom application but today I find myself with error 429, linked to problems using the API key

All my agents are on the same IP. and I have the impression that the agents are currently all using the same api key

I want to know how to deploy my application to everyone, but that they can modify their api key to avoid error 429

thanks for the help

It is possible that multiple agents/admins can get their own API keys. But the app can be installed only by Admin. The usual result is admin’s use their API keys to install the app.

Before I can answer further, The 429 Error code is returned when there are too many requests. By any chance, do you know if this error is thrown by the app platform or the Freshdesk API? If you don’t, please share the screenshots of the error?

1 Like

This error message happens often

I happen to have another one quite randomly that returns with a unique id, but I didn’t get it ^^’ so I can’t share a screenshot. often on requests in client.request

It is possible that multiple agents/admins can get their own API keys. But the app can be installed only by Admin. The usual result is admin’s use their API keys to install the app.

How do I get my agents to use their own API key to use the app?

finally is there a method that would allow the modification of the api key by an agent or an automated way?

thanks for the help

@aliweb88 - This appears like an error that is thrown by the platform. It is possible for you to extend the rate limits by placing a request with the required justification.

The following article will elaboratively explain the steps.

Agents cannot use their own API key in their apps, it is currently a feature request in the form of Authentication by agents to consume APIs for their apps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.