Automatically setValue for serverless product event

Hi team,

Hope everyone is keeping well.

I am trying to find a way to capture the CC address added in a custom single line text field by the customer and set the value of the CC field using Interface API. I would like this to happen for the onTicketCreate event but it looks like it is not possible to use the interface.trigger function in a serverless app.

This is because I do not want to restrict the ability to create a ticket on the portal to just logged-in users but want the CC field to be editable. However, the CC field is only displayed to logged-in users who are trying to create a ticket.

Could someone please help me out with any suggestions or workarounds?

Hi Leah,

please let me know if the mentioned CC field is a custom field.

Yes, Mughela. It is a custom field

Hi Leah,

Thanks for your information.

If you want to update the custom field on creating a ticket in a serverless app then one of my suggestions would be to use the product’s update ticket API.

sample code :

onTicketCreateCallback : function(args) {
// payload should contain the necessary data to be updated along with the created ticket’s ID
updateTicket (payload);
}

For more details on products update ticket api, refer : Freshdesk

Regards,
Mughela Chandresh

Hi Mughela,

Thank you for the information. It looks like adding CC is not supported in the “Ticket Update” API so I’m trying to understand the way forward

Regards,
Leah

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.