Change description in new mail with interface API

Hi Community.

Im trying to solve an issue for a customer.

They have an app created by a freshworks partner that inserts a signature based on what email that is chosen in the form:

The problem is that the app upon load inserts the default signature.

Therefore i thought that a custom app could remove the content inside the description field:

Unfortunately i can’t find a way to remove it using the interface api. Is it even possible to do so. But it should be possible since the signature app already inserts content into that field.

i tried using this script: [doesn’t work]

client.interface.trigger("setValue", { id: "description", value: "Text to be inserted" })
.then(function (data) {
  console.log("result", data);
}).catch(function (error) {
  console.log("error", error);
});

But the method for requester works:

client.interface.trigger("setValue", { id: "requester", value: "James@freshdesk.com" })
.then(function (data) {
  console.log("result", data);
}).catch(function (error) {
  console.log("error", error);
});

Has anybody had any success in changing the description field?

Br // Jonathan

1 Like

Hi @JonathanHojtoft,

Could you share the name of the App/App ID that the customer is already using to insert signature?
This will help me check the App code and check if it is possible to fix this issue in the original App itself or help fix the issue in the new custom app you are trying to build.

Thanks!

Yes!
The app they are using is called Signature Management Plus: Signature Management Plus - Freshworks Marketplace

Did you find any solution to this?

1 Like

@JonathanHojtoft The app works using the same Interface API but replaces the entire content with the optional replace attribute.

Check the solution discussed in this post.