I am super excited to share the Custom Object app which I developed for the #buildtowin contest
Custom Objects for Category-Item Management
Category Management has become a crucial part of all e-Commerce industries.
Each item and category will have unique information. From the Freshdesk agent’s point of view, he/she should be able to get all the information related to the particular item and its category. The Custom object feature will help us to connect the bridge between different entities and provides a global view.
- Customer reaches out to the support team asking for the availability of a particular product or the status of the product ordered.
- Support agents will be looking at our full-page app for the availability of the item.
- Items are categorized based on type. There will be multiple branches for a company. Some branches may have all the items and some may not.
- With our unified dashboard, the support agent can search for the particular item and its availability.
- If the item is available, the agent can revert back to the customer with the branch and item details.
- If the stock is not available, the support agent can request internally for more stocks using the app.
- When a request is made, a ticket will be created internally for tracking purposes. Once the ticket is resolved, the availability will be updated in the custom objects.
- Bulk addition of Categories/items.
- Individual category/item creation.
- Request for additional items.
- Global view of all the categories and items.
- Global view of internal tickets requested for more stocks.
- Full page
- Image URL
- Items id
- item id
- category id
1. Bulk add categories and items
View all categories
Create new category and item
View all items under a category
Add item in a category
List of tickets created for requested items: