Custom Object : #BuildToWin Contest

Hey Folks!:man_technologist:t2:

I am happy to share that I have completed my Custom Object app for the #buildtowin contest.:surfing_man:t2:

Custom Objects for Food Delivery App

I have used the Food Delivery business as an example.

Assuming, whenever the customer reaches out to the support via the business app(mobile/web), a support ticket will be created in Freshdesk with the restaurant ID and the delivery partner ID associated with the order for which the customer has a problem/query.

Similarly, whenever a user creates an account in my business platform, a contact is created in Freshdesk along with the subscription(plan/membership) ID. It gets updated whenever the user changes or unsubscribe a plan/membership

Since all the information related to Restaurants, Delivery Partners and Subscriptions are stored in my business platform, it is very difficult for the support agent to get all the information related to the ticket they are working on.

With Custom Objects, I was able to store a copy of all those entities in Freshdesk itself and display all the information related to it on the support ticket itself. Now, it becomes a lot easier for my support agent to know the details about the restaurant, delivery partner associated with the ticket and also the plan/membership the user has subscribed to. This makes it easier for the agent to contact the restaurant/delivery partner easily and prioritize the ticket based on the membership of the user.

Here is some glimpse of my app

Entities that I have used

• Restaurants
    • External ID
    • Name
    • Cuisine
    • Contact Number
    • Address
    • Rating
  • Delivery Partners
    • External ID
    • Name
    • Contact Number
    • Address
    • Rating
  • Subscriptions
    • External ID
    • Name
    • Price
    • Description

Features

• Create/List/Edit records
  • Automatically link/unlink custom objects to native objects

App Locations:

• Full Page - To manage custom objects
  • Ticket Sidebar - Display restaurant and delivery partner details
  • Ticket Requester Info - Display subscription details
  • Contact Sidebar - Display subscription details
  • Serverless - To link/unlink custom objects based on the create/update events of native objects
2 Likes