🚨 Custom Objects: Here is a chance to BuildToWin👨🏻‍💻

Here’s an exciting opportunity for you to build an app using our recently launched Custom Objects.

Starting today, we are launching an exciting contest where you stand a chance to win cash prizes, mentorship from Freshworks’ experts, and a chance to be featured in Freshworks’ social media and other marketing communications.

Each approved app submission* will be eligible for the following prizes:

• Exciting rewards worth $100 (INR 10,000 for developers based in India)
  • A 30-minute session with a Freshworks app development expert for app review, feedback, and guidance on creating a stunning user experience
  • A feature in Freshworks’ blog along with other winners, and digital swag like Freshworks Developer Community badge, Wall of Champions, and more stuff to show off your expertise!

*Note - Only one approved app per developer is eligible for the main cash reward. However, all your app submissions will be considered for category-wise prizes, so you have a chance to win more! Stay tuned for more details!:sparkles:

So get coding and #BuildToWin!:man_technologist:t2:

IMPORTANT::film_projector:

To participate, you need to perform the following two steps:

1. If you haven’t already, sign up for Custom Objects EAP using this form.
  2. Once you sign up we will onboard you to the new app gallery. Once that’s done, you will be able to submit your app.
  3. Here are some resources to help you get started: A complete walkthrough video to understand the power of Custom Objects and a developer documentation for you to start building your apps locally right away.
  4. Remember, you have to build the app for a custom object and also you need to submit your app to us before April 25th, 2021.

And as always, let us know if you have any questions, want to discuss a relevant idea, or need any help along the way!

10 Likes

Is the Custom Objects EAP only available for the freshdesk platform at this time? Will we have this ability in freshservice soon?

Thanks,

Zach

2 Likes

Hi @Zach,

We are starting with :freshdesk: freshdesk at the moment. However, the eventual goal is to cover other products including :freshservice: freshservice. Nevertheless, let us know your use-case (or) feel free to DM me! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Freshworks #BuildToWin deadline extension (May 5, 2021)

Hello,

First, we hope you and your loved ones are healthy and safe. We understand that these are truly testing times for those of you in India, but we shall persevere and overcome!

We understand that people are continuing to juggle between their professional commitments, personal duties, and pandemic-related challenges. Keeping this in mind, we have decided to extend the submission deadlines for the ongoing Custom Objects app development challenge - #BuildToWin - to May 5th, 2021 (11:59 pm IST).

We hope this extension eases some pressure off you, and we are always here to help in case you have any questions or issues.

Stay safe y’all!

Best wishes,
The Freshworks Developer Platform Team

3 Likes

@Juhi_Singh I created a topic at the event to show my application that I developed, do I need to do anything else?

2 Likes

Thanks, @taylorbyks. You don’t need to do anything else. That’s what we needed.

CC: @Hem

3 Likes

@Zach We have now launched Entity Storage - Custom Objects for Freshservice as well. Check out the announcement post for more details.

1 Like

Thanks @Raviraj, look forward to giving it a try!!!