Freshdesk - Azure DevOps Integration App Issue

Hi Freshdesk team,

We are facing an error in Freshdesk - Azure DevOps Integration App suddenly. There are no changes in the app from our side.

When I opened the i App I did not see anything in the app. It’s showing blank all the time.

When i looked into the network panel i see its throwing this error

One more strange thing is I installed the same copy as the custom app and it’s working fine.

Can you please take a look ASAP ? As this is affecting our customers.

Thank You.

1 Like

When i looked into the network panel i see its throwing this error

See this too

I see this in the console.

One more strange thing is I installed the same copy as the custom app and it’s working fine

Hi @aspnetdevelopergoyal,

Thank you for providing necessary information both here on the forum and the support ticket you have created. We are investigating the issue.

Meanwhile, are you sure of the console logged error you mentioned in the screenshot. Looks like they don’t come from the app.

1 Like

@aspnetdevelopergoyal

Just to confirm once again,

1. Are you sure the iparams are properly installed and updated recently in last week of May?
  2. Can you share with us the HAR logs when this situation occurs when used public app vs custom app?
  3. Freshdesk customer URL who is seeing this issue.

There are no changes in the May in iparams we just updated the app with email no changes in app.
I will record the HAR and send you soon.
Here is the url
https://sotiriszegiannis.freshdesk.com/

Here is the exported HAR

Thanks for sharing the HAR file! We ran a check on our side and obtained the following log. Can you confirm if the SMI fn. is tested properly with appropriate error handling? I am assuming that for the settings that are provided, it is likely that the logic ran into an app error which was unfortunately not handled. Also, if you are making use of request npm, kindly switch to axios or $request (since request is deprecated)

TypeError: Cannot read property 'statusCode' of undefined
    at Request._callback (server.js:21:39)
    at self.callback (/var/task/developer/node_modules/request/request.js:200:22)
    at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
    at Request.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at Request.onRequestError (/var/task/developer/node_modules/request/request.js:831:8)
    at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at TLSSocket.socketErrorListener (_http_client.js:355:9)
    at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:211:7)
1 Like

@aspnetdevelopergoyal Please let me know if the info provided by @Hem is was helpful in indentifying and debugging the issue.

Largely, the variables those are associatd with statusCode turn to undefined

If this doesn’t help, let us find some time to get on a call to fix this issue.

cc: @Raghu_Murugesan

Let me try changing the request to axios. I will get back to you once its done.

1 Like

Hey team,

I have a question we have two more apps Freshdesk Asana and Freshservice Azure DevOps which are also using same version of request module how they are working fine ?

Let me know your views on this ?

Thanks

Hi @aspnetdevelopergoyal
As you can see from here, it is likely that the response might not have been received. A better option would be to look into the error object first which was obtained after making the call. Also, If your code accidentally attempts to read the statusCode directly or without checking the error, this situation is prone to happen. Ideally, a check should be placed on response object before reading the stats code like so :

response && response.statusCode

If the changes are incorporated & if you still face the same, I would recommend updating the public app. If the public app is not updated, it will still contain the old code. This would lead us to a situation where the custom app might contain leading changes than the public app resulting in disparity. If these points are taken care, I believe it should be good.

2 Likes