Freshsales Crm Cant Upsert Contact

Hi Team,

I can’t seem to upsert a contact.

Following the API here Freshsales | Refreshingly new CRM & Deal Management Software

Below is the code I ran, token & domain names are redacted.

curl -H "Authorization: Token token=MY_TOKEN_CODE_REDACTED" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"unique_identifier":{"emails": "jamessampleton@gmail.com"}, "contact":{"first_name":"James", "last_name":"Sampleton (sample)", "mobile_number":"1-926-555-9503"}}' -X POST "https://mydomain.freshworks.com/crm/sales/api/contacts/upsert"

Hi @jasperykj

Good day! Welcome to the community.

Can you please explain what is not working i.e. contact not created or updated?

In case you trying to test the API for default contact which comes with CRM subscription? Because the email for the default contact is “janesampleton@gmail.com” and not the “jamessampleton@gmail.com”, you might see a new contact getting created which is expected behavior since the emails are not unque.

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for replying! My apologies, I wasn’t being specific.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Upsert contact
  2. Delete Contact
  3. Upsert Contact Again
  4. Upsert Contact Again, but api throws an error

Thanks!

Hello @jasperykj

Thanks for detailed description and I could reproduce the issue following the steps provided.

The issue is occurring if the same contact is there in Recycle Bin however, this does not make sense.
The validation error is occurring only when we re-run the upsert call and creates the duplicate contact in first run.

It looks like a defect to me. Could you please raise it to support.

As a workaround, please delete the contact permanently from Recycle bin folder.

2 Likes

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for verifying the issue! You are indeed, The Pro!

May I know how to raise this up to support?

Thanks!

Hi @jasperykj

You can create a support ticket from your instance. User profile → Create a support ticket.

Hi Sachin,

I have reported the bug using the support ticket! Thanks!

Is there any way to expedite this?

Our system constantly goes down because we deleted a lot of records during a clean up last month.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.