Fw-icon title name with “icon”

Any news on when this pull request with be merged?

@RobAtOpinyin
Let me check with the team and get back to you at the earliest

Thanks

Hi @RobAtOpinyin

I apologise for the delay in getting this resolved. Crayons is going through some changes and we are getting ready to release version 3 soon.

We realised that the earlier behaviour of showing a pop-over on hover of icons was a non-standard method and have decided to remove it all together in the new version. We will be handling icons a bit differently in v3. To follow the same path, I have pushed a fix to remove title for icons in v2 itself.

No change is required from code on your side. You should no longer see the title from v2.13.3 onwards.

Hope this resolves your issue!

Please let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Asif,

The title is gone but I really need to be able to set my own title. Is that possible?

Hi Rob,

HTML by default adds that functionality as soon as you add title=“text” as an attribute in any HTML Element. All crayons components are HTML elements at the end of the day.

So if you add <fw-icon title="custom title here" name="twitter" size=18 color="blue" ></fw-icon> , it should work.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Asif,

That’s great. Now working as needed.

That wasn’t working before you pushed the fix so I assumed it still didn’t without testing it…doh! :man_facepalming: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.