Hide softphone for custom CTI in Freshservice

Hi!

We are working on a custom CTI integration for Freshservice, using the CTI Framework app. We want to be able to hide the softphone when navigating to a contact or ticket from from the softphone.

You currently have the option to show the softphone with:

window.parent.postMessage({action: "show_softphone"}, '*');  

I wonder if you have a similar option for hiding the softphone, or any other way to do it?

Best regards
Peter from Telavox

1 Like

I think it is not possible, meanwhile, let me check with the product team and get back to you at the earliest.

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you for the response. We really appreciate that you are looking into this for us.

1 Like

Any news from the product team @Santhosh ? :slightly_smiling_face:

Nope, still I am waiting for their response. :neutral_face:

@Peter_Telavox,
The product team confirms that don’t have the event lister command to hide the softphone widget.
window post message will work only for opening up the popup and no provision to close the popup.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thanks

3 Likes

Thank you for your response @Santhosh

Would the team be able to add a message for hiding the softphone (closing the popup)? It is a very useful feature to have and would help us a lot. As it is now, the softphone sometimes cover links and useful information when opening a requester or a ticket.

2 Likes

As confirmed by the product, there is no plans in near future,
and need to take it as a feature request.

Thanks

2 Likes

Thank you Santhosh. I created a feature request on CTI Framework Hide Softphone api

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.