How to connect to a private API with domain authorization

Hi Everyone.

Hope you are doing very well. Im trying to connect to a private API with domain authorization. This api give me authorization from my freshdesk instance domain make some request. I would like to know if I can make a request method to the api from a sdk to know if I can connect to the api. Is this possible?

Regards

Hi @Andrea_Lopez_Vargas

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by domain authorization so that I can get a better context and help your further?

If you want to make a request to third-party APIs using FDK request method then please refer Request Method for more information but ensure that you whitelist that domain in the manifest.json file.

If you want to use OAuth and make requests to third-party APIs using access_token then please refer OAuth for more information.

Please reach out for any queries!

Thanks and Regards,
Mughela Chandresh

1 Like

Hi Mughela

Hope you are doing well. Thank you so much for your answer. Let me explain a little better: I need to connect to an API, this API is private and you can connect with the API using the authorize domain wich I provide to the owner of the API ( in this case the authorized domain is my instances of Freshdesk Omnichannel ). Now my question is: To connect with this private API i need to put the url domain of the API and the url of my instances in the whitelist domain to indicate that the request will be from my instance. Is that right ?

Once again thank you so much for your help.

Regards

Hi @Andrea_Lopez_Vargas

Yes, you are correct. Whenever you connect to a private API from your marketplace app using the request method, you need to whitelist that domain in the app manifest. As a result of this, you are letting the marketplace app know that it is making requests to authorized domains only.

Hope this helps.

Please reach out for any queries!

Regards,
Mughela Chandresh

Hi Mughela

Hope you are doing well. The issue is the next one: Is there a way to indicate to the custom app that my domain is the authorized domain to make request to the Api ?

Regards