We are building an app platform for developers like you.
More often, our team can quickly recognize a bug or a feature in the product we have for developers. This results in us converting it into an engineering ticket, get prioritized, and fix it.
However, we have very little visibility over how a user feels about the product. Especially when users are developers. So we adopted this concept called Friction Logs – Where anyone can make a copy of the google doc friction log template, start writing down experience in their app development journey.
|Things work but are frustrating to work with||Things don’t work|
|Based on business problems you usually solve day-to-day||Based on specifications defined by engineering knowledge|
|Scenario oriented||Component oriented|
|Involves multiple teams of product to discuss and improvise||Involves one or fewer teams|
- Open the Friction Log template or Download Friction Log Template Kit.zip (1.0 MB)
- Fill in the details. Best viewable/editable on Google Docs.
- Friction logs use color-coding to interpret users’ level of friction. Ensure you apply it.
- Keep it alongside your app development journey and keep logging until you are complete.
- Register on Developer Assist Portal
- Select the Assist Catalog Item – Share Friction Experience
- Attach the document in
- Click on
Place Requestto Submit the Friction Log.
Check if Friction Log is submitted as part of Developer Event.