Is it possible to edit agent replies on ticket?

Hi

Is it now possible to edit / update also customer and agent replies on ticket? Now we are able only edit notes / description, but not ticket replies.

1 Like

@Kim_Hiekkanen,

Welcome to Freshworks Developer community :high_brightness:

I have reached out the respective API team to get some help on this. Please allow me some more time to keep you posted with accurate helpful information.

1 Like

Hi @Kim_Hiekkanen,

I learnt from the product team that the reason editing agent or requester replies on a ticket is not available because, by the time edit is applied to the ticket – either tweet/email might have already sent to the requester which goes out of Freshdesk’s control.

Do let me know if you see this any differently.

1 Like

Hi

This is because of GDPR related discussion. In Zendesk you can do this: Ticket Redaction App Integration with Zendesk Support. In Freshdesk you can not do anything like this - not even custom made.

3 Likes

I will try to re-iterate with the team to if the knowledge I acquired on this topic is up to date and keep you posted, @Kim_Hiekkanen.

2 Likes

@Kim_Hiekkanen, Unfortunately Freshdesk doesn’t have (redaction mechanism) something like it yet at the moment. I will convert this topic and move to feedback category so that it can be prioritized.

2 Likes

Updates here please?

Hi @Kim_Hiekkanen,

There’s no update on this to redact any text or attachment natively or through apps.

If you are looking to redact credit card information from ticket replies, it is possible natively through a redaction feature in Freshdesk.

Hi,

Is the above possible at all, we’ve recently moved to freshdesk as a Company and were told in our run through sessions before committing this is possible. However, going live we can’t see where this is possible, it’s really important we’re able to do this for GDPR reasons.

Please can you help?

Hi all,

Has there potentially been any progress on this due to the implementation/assistance of Freddy AI?