Is it possible to edit Helpdesk restrictions in Freshdesk?

Hi.

I want to edit Helpdesk restrictions in helpdesk settings page dynamically using external data source. Is it possible to do it via Freshdesk APIs?

Regards

@salihozd,

I am trying to understand what do you mean by restrictions ; Can you help me by adding a bit more details about specific problem that you are trying to solve?

I assume you are looking to set restrictions for a particular ticket. The agents API has an attribute ticket_scope that can be closer. Is this right? If not do correct me.

@Saif,

I want to edit the "Users from whitelisted domains " field on “/a/admin/account/edit” page under the “Helpdesk restrictions” section using Freshdesk API. The main aim is updating the field dynamically from another source which is CRM.

2 Likes

@salihozd,

I checked into this, with the Freshdesk team. Although it’s been quite delay from my end, I thought I’d keep you posted,

So, far there are no APIs available for this request to manage Helpdesk restrictions via REST APIs. I will convert this into a feedback item and also see and get back with any workaround is possible to do so.

2 Likes

@salihozd

Freshdesk team was able to share a undocumented API for now, please use it at your own risk as a temporary alternative. :slight_smile:

curl -v -u apikey:X -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X PUT -d '{"whitelisted_ip":{"enabled": true, "applies_only_to_agents":false,"ip_ranges":[{"start_ip":"0.0.1.1","end_ip":"255.200.200.200"},{"start_ip":"0.0.0.0","end_ip":"255.255.255.255"}]}}' 'https://domain.freshdesk.com/api/v2/admin/security'
1 Like