I've issue when create ticket from api

I try to integrate my own chat with Freshworks. This is the flow.

1. when a customer sends a message to my chat then I create a ticket on Freshworks.
  2. Agent will reply on Freshworks UI then I get webhook then send it back to the customer.
  3. If the customer replies to the chat then I call the conversation API to Freshworks.

The problem is. After creating a ticket to Freshworks. the ticket UI on Freshworks not show the reply button.
This is the JSON code for creating a ticket

{ "description": "this is Pantip description ", 
  "subject": "This is Pantip chat 01", 
  "priority": 1, 
  "source": 7,
  "status": 2,
  "unique_external_id": "1111",
  "requester_id": 123456
  }

1 Like

Hi @songwoot,

You are not able to see the reply button because the ticket has no proper contact info to send the reply.

You have used unique_external_id & requester_id. Please refer to the below fields before using it on your API request.

Please find the Create Ticket API Documentation here.

requester_id - User ID of the requester. For existing contacts, the requester_id can be passed instead of the requester’s email.

email - Email address of the requester. If no contact exists with this email address in Freshdesk, it will be added as a new contact.

facebook_id - Facebook ID of the requester. A contact should exist with this facebook_id in Freshdesk.

phone - Phone number of the requester. If no contact exists with this phone number in Freshdesk, it will be added as a new contact. If the phone number is set and the email address is not, then the name attribute is mandatory.

twitter_id - Twitter handle of the requester. If no contact exists with this handle in Freshdesk, it will be added as a new contact.

unique_external_id - External ID of the requester. If no contact exists with this external ID in Freshdesk, they will be added as a new contact.

Thanks,
Arshath

Hi arshath.h,
Thank you for your answer. I’ve tried to use the only unique_external_id for the reference to my chat client.
This is the flow of my application.
Screen Shot 2563-09-25 at 13.49.02|690x235

Could you please suggest me. How the agent can reply on FreshDest back to my client

Regards,
Songwoot

1 Like

Hi @songwoot,

The ticket should contain email id of the user in order to send replies. So when you create a ticket in Freshdesk, include user email or any of your email to be able to reply.