Logout from Freshdesk

Hi!

I’m currently implementing SSO with OIDC to Freshdesk for contacts via my application and recently noticed that there’s no option for logging out from Freshdesk customer portal once user is logged in.

1. How can I add logout functionality to my customer portal?
  2. Inside mytenant.myfreshworks.com where SSO is configured, apart from Authorization URL and Access Token URL there is also an optional field called Logout URL. What kind of URL should I provide as part of the configuration? In general, what OIDC logout flow does Freshworks adhere (see OIDC specification): front-channel or back-channel logout?

Thanks,
Vitaly.

Hi,

1. The logout_url that we take as part of configuration will help us decide where the users should land on after the successful logout from freshid.
  2. In general, we haven’t implemented any of the OIDC logout flows (Those are for logging out the sessions from IDP as well). Our logout just logs out our session only in case of OIDC and takes them to the log_out url if provided in the config.

Thanks,
Rubha

3 Likes

Hi @Rubha_shree
Thanks for the reply.
The only question left is: what should user do to log out from Freshdesk and/or is there any endpoint that can be triggered in order to achieve this?

Thanks,
Vitaly.

Hi @vityur,

There are two ways to logout,

1. One by clicking on the logout in Omnibar (which calls logout to freshid’s endpoint /api/v2/logout - The request should mandatorily have the session cookie)
  2. By clicking on the logout in the product - Someone from product team can give you more details on what exactly they do to logout

Thanks,
Rubha