Missing/Bad FileProvider for Freshchat. Camera capture will fail in devices running Nougat or later versions of OS (error code 354)

While integrating FreshChat in an Flutter application I followed each steps in the Freshdesk Messaging Flutter SDK integration steps : Freshdesk Messaging (freshchat.com)

After calling Freshchat.init function it showed an toast with an error saying
Missing/Bad FileProvider for Freshchat. Camera capture will fail in devices running Nougat or later versions of OS (error code 354)

Below is the configuration changes I made in Android

android\app\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml

<provider
            android:name="androidx.core.content.FileProvider"
            android:authorities="in.package.name"
            android:exported="false"
            android:grantUriPermissions="true">
            <meta-data
                android:name="android.support.FILE_PROVIDER_PATHS"
                android:resource="@xml/freshchat_file_provider_paths" />
        </provider>

android\app\src\main\res\values\strings.xml

<string name="freshchat_file_provider_authority">in.package.name</string>
1 Like

Hello @darshan

This is the right place to create a topic of discussion related to this issue. We usually take help from experts in the Freshchat team to proxy and provide assistance. We reached out to the Freshchat team for their inputs.

On a lighter note, to set the right expectations it took a long time to sustain help from our end this way.

If there’s a weightage of any urgency, I recommend you raise a ticket with support@freshchat.com

Meanwhile, I will leave this topic open for any community members to extend help.

Please refer
Video: Android - Fix Missing File Provider Error - Freshworks Inc
Section 1 here → Freshdesk Messaging Android SDK Integration Steps : Freshdesk Messaging

If you have followed these steps and still error persists, please share your apk to support@freshchat.com and link to this conversation. We will analyse and get back to you.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.