Official Flutter Plugin

I am developing apps in Flutter for the past 2 years and have released 20+ apps to the Android and iOS stores respectively.

I have also integrated Freshchat in a few of my applications but the process is very painful and not suitable for development.

I know Freshchat has official plugins for Android and iOS but it does not seem to have for Flutter. There is this community plugin available for integrating Freshchat in Flutter framework. It works good with Android but the iOS part has many issues

1. We cannot build iOS apps directly: [BUG] Crash in iOS when calling FlutterFreshchat · Issue #31 · fayeed/flutter_freshchat · GitHub
  2. We have to apply workarounds every-time we have to run our apps: [BUG] Crash in iOS when calling FlutterFreshchat · Issue #31 · fayeed/flutter_freshchat · GitHub
  3. App crashes in many places because of this: [BUG] Crash in iOS when calling FlutterFreshchat · Issue #31 · fayeed/flutter_freshchat · GitHub
  4. After doing this all, then also we do not succeed every-time: [BUG] Crash in iOS when calling FlutterFreshchat · Issue #31 · fayeed/flutter_freshchat · GitHub

Do you have any plans for releasing the Official plugin so that we do not have to suffer these? If not then I am afraid that I’ll have to stop recommending Freshchat to people. I am sure that you would take this into consideration and act promptly.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Hey @Nimish_Nandwana,

Welcome to the Freshworks developer forum :smiley:

Thanks for your valuable feedback, We’ve made the Freshchat team made aware of the feedbacks, hopefully, they can answer all your queries

Stay safe :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Nimish_Nandwana,
I’m Muthukrishnan Suresh from Freshchat Mobile team.
As Flutter community has grown, we are seeing considerable request for a Flutter SDK.
We are planning to have an official Flutter Freshchat SDK.
We are working out the roadmap, timeline etc.

To become a beta tester for official SDK or if You can stay updated with the progress please contact us at support@freshchat.com.

8 Likes

Hi @Muthukrishnan_Suresh any update regarding the same ?

We have released Freshchat Flutter SDK 0.1.0 in BETA mode.

Link: freshchat_sdk | Flutter Package
Documentation: https://support.freshchat.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000003343-freshchat-flutter-sdk-integration-steps

4 Likes