Product Events API

Hello,

I want to ask if there is a Product Events API (eg: OnTicketUpdate API), similar to this Product Events but I can call outside the serverless app.
According to this post: Security update - July-2021: Restricting Server Method Invocation (SMI) requests made to Serverless event handlers, we cannot call the event handler inside the app. I wonder there is any way to pass the payload of Product Events to the frontend, and the method will be triggered when an event happens?

Thank you,
Nhat Nguyen

@Nhat_Nguyen,
Good Day!
As per the recent security update, it is not possible to call the product events in SMI via frontend,
correct me if I am wrong, do you want to call the function in the frontend from Serverless if product events getting triggered?
if that is the case it is not possible to trigger from backend to frontend

one workaround I would suggest is to use middleware, and initiate the WebSocket connection with the app,
and once the serverless events happen try to hit the middleware API from serverless and using WebSocket you can trigger the update to the client.
Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thanks

Thank you.
Is there a Product Events API (eg: OnTicketUpdate API), similar to this Product Events that I can call outside the serverless app, even outside the FD app?
An API that collects all the ticket that has been updated in 1 day, perhaps, I think FD doesn’t have that now, but in the future, do you think this API should be implemented?

@Nhat_Nguyen,
For now it is not possible, mean while I will check with the product team on this and please keep an eye on the updates for the API.
but with the above suggested solution will solve your use case :slight_smile:

Thanks