Publishing custom app: seeing redundant validation error message

There seems to be an issue with the developer portal - we can’t create new custom apps. The issue was observed across multiple Freshdesk accounts, and it always gives the same error, pointing at issues with the form, even though all of the required fields have been filled out. The app is built with the platform version 2.2, and the manifest is filled out correctly. Can you suggest any further steps for fixing this issue?
Screenshot_2
Screenshot_3

Hi @VladislavNechepaev

Can you verify whether the required fields are filled?

1. app name
  2. app overview
  3. app description
  4. support email

If you still face issues can you share me the values that you enter in these fields to reproduce it from our end because we are not facing this issue. This information might be useful for us for further debugging.

Hope you understand.

Thanks and Regards,
Mughela Chandresh

Hi Mughela,

The values are as follows:
App name - test app (we’ve tried multiple different app names, none of which worked)
App overview/description - “—” (for both fields, we’ve also tried to fill it with ~90 symbols of lorem ipsum)
Support email - vladislav.nechepaev@swedbyte.se

The issue was observed in at least two different Freshdesk accounts - fiskarhedenvillan.freshdesk.com (one of our clients) and swedbyte.freshdesk.com (our own test account), and by both me and @ilya.belyavskiy.
Thanks for the assistance! Looking forward to further advice.

1 Like

I should also add that the issue was first spotted when we tried to rename one of the existing apps on the customer’s account, and the issue with creating new apps was observed when I decided to just create the new instance of the app form scratch.

1 Like

Hi @VladislavNechepaev

Seems like providing symbols alone in the app overview and description field is causing the issue. Can you please try giving some text like “No overview” and “No description” with or without symbols in overview and description fields instead of “—” and check?

Please let me know if you still face issues. Meanwhile, I will check this with our team.

Thanks and Regards,
Mughela Chandresh

2 Likes

Providing a different overview/description did seem to fix the issue - the update went through. Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.