Set up an Admin configuration for Custom apps

Not quite sure if this is even possible, but I would like to know if there is a possibility of creating configurations for the custom apps that are deployed under Custom Apps.

This is an idea of what I wanted to create.

I was not able to find anything under placeholders or any other documentation as to how the developments are done under an Admin section of the custom apps.

Would appreciate any insight on this. Thanks!

Hi @Chathuranga_Suriyaar

I could not clearly understand your question/requirement. Can you please brief it a bit more?

Regards,
Mughela Chandresh

Hi @Chathuranga_Suriyaar,

You can create an admin page for your custom app that is accessed when you click the gear by following these instructions: Custom Installation Page

Whilst its called the Custom Installation page you can use it to create configurations for custom apps as per your picture. The Custom Installation page framework is pretty versatile and you can do a lot with it as well access the Freshdesk Core API to get values for dropdown configs, etc.

Is this what you need?

Rob

4 Likes

Hi @RobAtOpinyin Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for.

@Mughela_Chandresh I believe Rob answered what I was looking for. Basically, I want to create an app where the admin can configure certain messages so that when an agent replies to a new ticket, it should pop up a message. I wanted to configure the part for the Admin to set up certain values.

3 Likes

Hi @RobAtOpinyin - I started working on the configuration part of my app. While I was going through the documentation noticed that all the examples are provided in Jquery. Is it not possible to write Javascript in the part? My requirement is a simple program for an admin to add a corporate name and a note as well as my knowledge of JQuery is not that strong.

Hoping to hear from you soon. Appreciate your support.

Hi @Chathuranga_Suriyaar,

Using raw Javascript should be fine. I am not aware of any dependency on jQuery.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.