Testing OAuth2 on locally on serverless apps

We are developing a serverless app that uses Google Auth. However, when testing this locally we couldn’t find a way to authenticate the application. How can we test OAuth2 on a serverless Freshdesk app that doesn’t have any front end?

1 Like

Hai @ThirumalaiK,

You could use the account level OAuth authentication in Freshdesk which will let us authenticate from the Settings page of the custom app.
Once authenticated you will receive the access token in iparams payload in serverless product events.

I am not entirely sure if this is what something you are expecting
Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Thank you for taking your time to answer my question. I am well aware that once the application is deployed, we can authenticate from the settings. But, is there a way to test the serverless app locally without deploying it as a custom application?

ok @ThirumalaiK.

Have you tried using ngrok in development environment for redirection url?

Hello,

To test serverless specifically at local you can refer to this document.

To test oauth configuration locally, you can do that easily too. Add an oauth-config file as mentioned in the document and you can test the complete flow locally.

Let me know any further help is required, I would be happy to help you out.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. But, I am not sure if you read my query properly. How can we access the Authorize button if there is no front end? Seems like adding a dummy app.js and front-end template is the only way to access the authorization button.

To test the flow, you can use the installation screen. Visit “http://localhost:10001/custom_configs” after running the app. You will be automatically redirected to the authorization url provided in oauth configuration where you can check the complete flow. Let me know if this answers your query!

Hi @ThirumalaiK

You don’t need a front-end at all to perform OAuth for a serverless application.
The Authorise button which you are mentioning here will be happening in the settings page (Iparams). Once that is done you will get the access token in saved in your local store.
Just to be clear the above i am inferring is for account level authentication not for agent level authentication.

Hope it helps. Do let me know if my understanding of your requirement is still misleading.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.