Unable to properly deploy custom app in Freshdesk

Hi folks! So I’m developing a custom app for Freshdesk, and when I try to deploy the app in freshdev.io, the following happens:

Instead of appearing “Internally Published Version”, it shows “Development Version”. Because of that (I think), I can’t install the app and use it.

It happened with me before, but after sometime it just got back to normal, so I don’t know what caused it.

Is there something I’m missing here?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Matheus_Souza_Silva,

Have you clicked the “Publish” button or the “Save” button? Saving the app does save the draft of the uploaded app as the development version as you have shown in your screenshot.

A new App Management Portal has been released for Freshdesk. Can you try navigating to this portal via Freshdesk product’s App Gallery?

1 Like

I’ve clicked the “Publish” button, I didn’t saw the “Save” button anywhere.

1 Like

Hello, so the problem still persists.

In the image above, you can see that their isn’t a button to deploy the zip file of the project, and when I click on the “Publish” button doesn’t do much, it acts like it was publishing the app, but it doesn’t. The Freshdesk that I’m using doesn’t have the new App Management Portal.

What can I do?

1 Like

Hello again.

Today I was working on a different custom app from the one I talked about in this thread, in Freshworks CRM and the same problem appeared, I click to publish the zip file and after sometime, it shows as it already published, but the project appears as “development version” not as “internally published”.

Here’s another print of the issue:

I need to fix this issue, the projects I’m working on are stopped because of this.

1 Like

Hi @Matheus_Souza_Silva

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. There isn’t a piece of proper information to debug the issue from the images that you have shared above. Could you please add me as an occasional agent with admin privileges in your account so that I can debug?

Thanks and Regards,
Mughela Chandresh

1 Like

Hi @Matheus_Souza_Silva

I suspect that there should be some issues with the app assets. Please try again once. If you still face the same error again then can you please share the app code to my email so that I can upload and check in my test account?

My email: mughela.chandresh@freshworks.com

Regards,
Mughela chandresh

1 Like

Hi there, so I added you to the Freshdesk account and I’m trying to add you in the CRM account.

I also send the email to you with the custom app code from both the Freshdesk and CRM.

Thanks.

Hi @Matheus_Souza_Silva

Seems like there is mistake in specifying the package name in the manifest.json dependencies object.

expected :
“dependencies”: {
“buffer”: “6.0.3”
}

actual :
“dependencies”: {
“buffer/”: “6.0.3”
}

since the package name was not specified correctly, the respected NPM module could not be installed hence the app was not published. Please change the package as mentioned in the expected block in all the places and check whether the app can be published.

If you still face issues please reach out to me. Also, the CRM app shared by you has an empty manifest.json file.

Thanks and Regards,
Mughela Chandresh

2 Likes

Ok, the issue is now resolved, thanks! Strange that the project had that dependence for a while and it didn’t occurred this problem before :sweat_smile:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.