While publishing, getting error that app form has validation error

Hi @sushant_awalekar

The issue here was because of the video link field left empty in app submission form during app submission and the exact error message in thrown in the UI. FYI, Consolidated error message was thrown on the top and inline error message is displayed near video link input field

Regards,
Mughela Chandresh

2 Likes

Hi @Mughela_Chandresh,

Thank you for everything! I couldn’t have made it through without you!

The app has been successfully uploaded. It is the video link that is missing. I have attached it and it works. There is no validation error as it comes at the top as an error.

I would strongly suggest avoiding displaying such heavily misdirected error messages at the top when only a video link or any mandatory field is missing.
it would be great and helpful to show:

• Please Fill Mandatory Fields
    • Video Link Is Missing

Thanks & Regards,
Harsh R.

1 Like

Hi @harsh_rajput

Thanks for your suggestions. If there is only one error message that is applicable to the app submission form then we can display “Please fill mandatory fields”. But there can be other types of error messages for example, the user might have entered invalid email in the support email field or invalid URL format in the support URL field. Hence we display a generic error message at the top stating “App form has few validation errors” and display the exact inline error message near the input fields.

Hope it is understood.

Thanks & Regards,
Mughela Chandresh

Hi @Mughela_Chandresh,

Thanks for everything you have done so far! You are the absolute best!

The app is successfully submitted and it is under review. Usually, The review process might take 1-4 weeks.

even though it is just a petty minor form filling mistake, the error message took complete 7 days to resolve. It has already passed the deadline and users are eagerly waiting for it.

So, Could you please prioritize it and make it live ASAP?

Please let me know if you need any further details to prioritize it.

1 Like

Hi @harsh_rajput

Sorry for the confusion and delay from our end. Thanks to @Mughela_Chandresh for getting it resolved. Also, I would ask our app review team to expedite the review process.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @harsh_rajput

The review is done and the app has been approved for publishing in marketplace. It should be available ow or within 4 hours. Please check and let me know in case of any issues/queries

Thanks and Regards,
Mughela Chandresh

3 Likes

Hi @Mughela_Chandresh,

The app is published in the marketplace.

Thank you to all who put in the time and effort to get it done swiftly.

Thank you & warm regards,
Harsh R.

4 Likes