Write a note or input information in a field

How can an app write a note in a ticket or input information in a field. Been looking around in the documentation, but can not find the answer. So I’m guessing it’s real easy.

1 Like

@Octopus
Good Day!
Please refer to this document for add a note in the ticket.
and can you elaborate input information in a field on what you are referring for?
Happy to help :slight_smile:

Thanks

2 Likes

Hello @Santhosh,

OK, I thought the API calls only made from the app to external events - other systems and such.
But if I understand you correctly I need to use them from the app to Freshdesk aslo if I would like to modify Status or write a note and such.

I have a button in the “ticket_top_navigation”, when pressed a “showDialog” pops up. And shows three fields. Based on what parameters the agent gives. I would like the ticket to change group/agent, input a text in a custom field and write a note in the ticket.

Am I chasing an impossible dream or is it possible to build?
What course of action would you recommend me to take?

I’ve tried send/receive within the app - but that turns out as object object.

All of these are possible.

1. I would like the ticket to change group/agent - Make a client.request call to Freshdesk API to change the group agent

2. Input a text in a custom field

//  Put call to FD API with body containing new group/agent and also the value for the custom_field
client.request.put(url, options)

Reference -> Freshdesk

1. write a note in the ticket. - Make a post request to /notes endpoint to create a note

Reference -> Freshdesk

3 Likes