Iparams.json password field

I created a simple sidebar app that gets data through a REST API and shows it within the ticket.
To access the REST API I need a customer id and a password/key which I put into the configuration.

My iparams.json looks as follows:

{
  "client_id": {
    "display_name": "Client ID",
    "description": "Please enter your Client ID",
    "type": "text",
    "required": true,
    "secure": true
	},
  "client_secret": {
    "display_name": "Client Secret",
    "description": "Please enter your Client Secret",
    "type": "text",
    "required": true,
    "secure": true
  }
}

and my configuration page therefore shows both values in plain text.

Now, since the Client secret is some kind of a password, which other people (including other admins) shouldn’t see, I like to have a password field like the following picture:
Unfortunately I didn’t yet find the right documentation about what type or what parameter I have to set for this.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

Hello @cheld. Let me first welcome you to the Freshworks Developer Community :tada:

The iparams.json does not currently support a property that treats a string field as a password field. While this is a valid ask, it has not been prioritized yet given the app installation usually occurs in the administrator’s context. Please allow me to take this as feedback and have our product owners prioritize this ask. Thank you for sharing your feedback on this.

In the meantime, if this is a must-have capability for your app, we can only recommend using a Custom Installation Page instead.

2 Likes