Reload the app background in Freshchat

Hi team,

I am trying to reload the app background in the conversation_user_info location in the Inbox of Freshchat. I need this in order to display periodic updates from the messages in the conversation. Could you let me know how this could be done?

Thanks

@Leah_James

• Can you please elaborate more on reloading app background? Does this mean having to have app.activated() invoked with having the user to refresh the Freshchat Inbox page?
  • Does periodic mean every 5 min or 10 min like that? Or Does it depend on the changes in the conversations in current Inbox page?
1 Like

@Saif

Thank you.

The user is not expected to manually reload the page. Essentially, I am building an app to translate the end-user’s message to English as soon as the message is received and would like the translated message to be displayed in the conversation_user_info section. The suggestion for this is using "window.parent.location.reload()’. However this results in a cross-origin error Uncaught DOMException: Blocked a frame with origin “https:///…” from accessing a cross-origin frame

Thus, I would like to reload the app background whenever any message is received/change is detected in the conversations in the Inbox or any message channel in order to automatically display the translated message in the app background.

1 Like

Hi @Leah_James,

Can you share a bit more information on the app? If possible can you help me with the snippet of the js file?

While it is not possible to reload an app, you can use js functions to simply overwrite the HTML content on the conversation_user_info section.

Let me know if this works for you.

2 Likes

Thank you @Arjun_Paliath

Let me get back to you on this.

@Leah_James, You issue seems familiar to two suggestions by fellow developers on forum

@samuelpares’s,

@mirza_has’s

If you also seem your case is similar, it means this is something pending on our team to have fixed.

Thank you for sharing the topics! @Saif